Come and meet the team! If you would like to make an appointment in advance with a member of the team at gamescom 2017 or discuss opportunities before the event please email [email protected] or call 0151 600 2930.
16 – 19 October 2017
Sibos, the annual conference, exhibition, and networking event organised by SWIFT for the financial industry will be hosted in Toronto, Canada from October 16th to 19th, 2017.
Over 8000 international delegates will attend this conference in downtown Toronto, Canada’s financial technology centre, to discuss advances in Capital Markets/Securities, Cybersecurity, Payments and Regulatory Compliance.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service is working with Sibos organizers to ensure that international delegates are able to leverage this conference to engage with the Canadian FinTech community and financial institutions.
Ellen Cutler, Director of Invest Liverpool said, “SIBOS 2017 gives Liverpool City Region a global platform that allows us to showcase our strengths to key target audiences. We are looking forward to meeting delegates who are interested in tapping in to our extensive assets and expanding their company here”.
There is a support package we would like to highlight to our businesses:
- Invitation to pre-departure reception at Canada House in London on October 10th to meet other UK delegates attending Sibos (details TBC)
- Invitation to exclusive launch reception at MaRs Discovery District in Toronto on October 15th to meet Canadian FinTech companies, banks, and other international delegates
- B2B Programme
- The Trade Commissioner Service is organizing a Business-to-Business networking programme at the Intercontinental Hotel, adjacent to the Toronto Convention Centre, for the duration of Sibos, to allow foreign delegates to arrange meetings with Canadian Fintech companies, banks and insurance companies, and international delegates.
- Meetings can be booked and managed through an online platform (or by working with your Trade Commissioner contact)
- Access to the B2B meeting space is not contingent on having purchased a pass to attend Sibos, and delegates can meet at the room throughout the week at no cost.
Our services are offered free of charge to UK companies coming to Toronto during Sibos 2017. For more information or to register your interest, please contact:
Michelle Cassidy, Trade Commissioner (Financial Services) [email protected]
Nadine Storey, Trade Commissioner (Investment and FinTech) [email protected]
Meet with one of our Investment Managers and find out more about how locating your business in Liverpool will give you an immediate competitive edge.
To book a meeting at SIBOS 2017 with the team please email [email protected] or call +44 0151 600 2930
More information on SIBOS 2017 can be found here.
The Place Marketing for Investment programme is receiving up to £1,598,248 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.