DATA POLICY & FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE
Invest Liverpool strongly believe in the correct and proper handling and securing of your personal data. As part of Liverpool City Council we are fully committed to complying with Data Protection Act 2018 legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which regulates how we process personal information. Read our full data policy and fair processing notice below for more details.
WHO CONTROLS YOUR DATA?
Liverpool City Council is the ‘controller’ for your personal information.
If you have any questions about how your information is being used you can contact Liverpool City Council’s Data Protection Officer, Chris Walsh via this online contact form.
PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
Your information is being used by Liverpool City Council’s Invest Liverpool department to market Liverpool City Region as a place to invest and we are able to do this with your consent.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
The categories of information being processed include your name and contact details.
No special category personal data will be processed.
ANY RECIPIENT OR CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA
Your information will not be shared outside of Liverpool City Council.
DETAILS OF TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRY AND SAFEGUARDS
Your personal data will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (all EU Member States, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) to the United States of America as part of our mailing system, Campaign Monitor. The EU-US Privacy Shield guarantees the security of your personal data during this transfer.
RETENTION PERIOD OR CRITERIA USED TO DETERMINE THE RETENTION PERIOD
Your data will be retained until Invest Liverpool/Liverpool City Council is notified that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications. This has been determined by our business need.
THE EXISTENCE OF EACH OF DATA SUBJECT’S RIGHTS
GDPR provides you with the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
– The right to be informed how your personal data is being processed
– The right of access to the personal data we hold about you, which includes providing copies of the information to you within one month of a request. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide this information based on our administrative costs of responding (i.e. photocopying, postage, etc.).
– The right to rectification of any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you
– The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where
– Your information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected
– You withdraw your consent
– You object to Liverpool City Council processing your information (and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing)
– Liverpool City Council has breached GDPR when processing your data
– There is a legal obligation to delete the data (such as a court order)
– The right to restrict processing, which limits what the Combined Authority can do with your information
– The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your information based on your consent or as part of a contract is made available for your reuse
– The right to object to direct marketing or any processing based on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
– Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where a decision made by a computer has a legal or significant effect on you.
THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT AT ANY TIME
As our legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. This will lead to you no longer receiving marketing regarding Invest Liverpool.
THE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner, who can be reached using the details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office